Middle School Advanced Academic Program
Now accepting applications. Deadline: November 12, 2021*
Acceptance notification: January 31, 2022
The School Department will offer Advanced Academic classes at Nathan Bishop, Nathanael Greene, Roger Williams and West Broadway Middle Schools during the 2022-2023 school year.
Please identify your child’s current attendance status below to learn about these new procedures.
My child attends a Providence Public School.
- The School Department will notify you by mail if your child pre-qualifies for the Advanced Academic Program, based upon his or her scores on previously administered tests (RICAS and STAR). With this notification, you will receive a program application and three required forms that are part of the application packet.
- If you do not receive an application and would like to apply we encourage you to apply before the November 12th deadline.
- Fill out the forms in the application packet and submit reports cards from the past three years. Mail to the Office of Advanced Academic Programs, 797 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903 or complete the documents and scan them to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12, 2021.
My child does not attend a Providence Public School.
- Fill out the forms in the application packet and submit with test scores and grades for the past three years by the deadline of Novmber 12. Please scan and email forms to: email@example.com.
* Applications submitted past the deadline will be considered on a rolling basis based on seat availability
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the requirements for applying and how are students selected?
2. What is a "nationally norm-referenced test?
3. What if a student does not qualify based on the 85th percentile testing requirement? Is there an appeals process?
4. What if I don't have my child's report cards or test scores?
5. Should I send all the forms together?
6. What is the deadline?
7. When will I be notified if my child has been accepted?
8. Will my child be eligible for transportation?
9. What if I have a question that is not answered here?