2021-2022 Middle School Advanced Academic Program
Middle School Advanced Academic Program
Now accepting applications. Deadline: December 31, 2020.
Acceptance notification: March 1, 2021.
The School Department will offer Advanced Academic classes at Nathan Bishop, Nathanael Greene and Roger Williams Middle Schools during the 2021-2022 school year.
Please identify your child’s current attendance status below to learn about these new procedures.
My child attends a Providence Public School.
- The School Department will notify you by mail if your child pre-qualifies for the Advanced Academic Program, based upon his or her scores on previously administered tests (SAT 10 and/or NECAP). With this notification, you will receive a program application and three required forms that are part of the application packet.
- Fill out the forms in the application packet and submit reports cards from the past three years. Please scan and email forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
My child does not attend a Providence Public School.
- Fill out the forms in the application packet and submit with test scores and grades for the past three years by the deadline of December 31. Please scan and email forms to: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the requirements for applying and how are students selected?
2. What is a "nationally norm-referenced test?
3. What if a student does not qualify based on the 85th percentile testing requirement?
4. What if I don't have my child's report cards or test scores?
5. Should I send all the forms together?
6. What is the deadline?
7. When will I be notified if my child has been accepted?
8. Will my child be eligible for transportation?
9. What if I have a question that is not answered here?