Volunteering in Providence Schools!
Providence Schools welcomes and encourages the valuable contributions made to through the volunteer assistance and engagement of family and community members. The support and involvement of Providence families and community members is vital to our students’ success. Increasing volunteer opportunities and other types of school-based engagement and clarifying the volunteer engagement process will encourage more individuals to become involved with the District. Click here to view the PPSD Volunteer Policy, PPSD Volunteer Policy (Spanish).
Three-step process to become a volunteer
Step 1: Orientation
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation session. Volunteer applications are available at the orientation sessions, at all school main offices and the district website, www.providenceschools.org (under “Parents”)
- Call the school or the Family and Community Engagement Office (FACE) for dates, times and locations
Step 2: Application
- Complete the application and obtain a state Bureau of Criminal Investigation check (also known as a BCI). You may personally request a BCI at the RI Attorney General’s Office, 4 Howard Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910
- Hours are from 8:30-4:00 Monday-Friday
- You must provide a valid picture ID and $5 (check, money order or credit card) made out to BCI. No cash accepted.
- For more information visit http://riag.ri.gov/BCI
Step 3: Submission
Return your volunteer application with a copy of your valid picture ID (front and back) and the original BCI. Submit all documents to the school or the FACE Office, 379 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903, first floor.
- VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED FOR FIRST TIME VOLUNTEERS
- THE VOLUNTEER ASSESMENT IS INCLUDED IN THE LAST PAGE OF THE ORIENTATION / PRESENTATION AND WILL BE APPROVED BY SUBMITTING RESPONSES
- A BCI & COPY OF PHOTO ID ARE REQUIRED ANNUALY
- ANY CHANGES IN VOLUNTEER CONTACT INFORMATION SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE VOLUNTEER OFFICE BY COMPLETING A NEW VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM
- VOLUNTEER RECRUTING / ORIENTATION CAN BE HOSTED IN SCHOOLS BY REQUEST WITH A MINIMUM OF 5 ATTENDEESAVAILABLE BY SCHOOL REQUEST AND A MINIMUM OF 5 ATTENDEES
FOR ANY QUESTION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR FACE/CRO & VOLUNTEER OFFICE 401-456-9239
Central Records & Volunteer Program
The Family & Community Engagement Office (FACE)
379 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 456-9239 | Fax: (401) 278-2878 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Orientation Meeting Dates:
Wednesday, September 28,2022
Wednesday, October 26,2022
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Wednesday, December 21, 2022
Wednesday, January 18,2023
Wednesday, February 15,2023
Wednesday, March 22,2023
Wednesday, April 26,2023
Wednesday, May 23,2023
Download all the documents below and submit completed forms to the school you're applying to or the Family & Community Engagement Office to start volunteering.