Welcome to the Student Registration and Placement Center
Options for registration:
We encourage you to begin the registration process online. We will call you within 48 hours from when you contact us and complete the registration process for your student.
Important: When you register using the pre-registration portal, you may be asked to upload copies of some key documents. If you can take a picture of those documents with your phone and upload them, that is great! If you can’t do that, you can still register — Just skip those parts for now. You can email us copies of your documents or drop copies off at a drop box we have located next to our doors at 325 Ocean St., Providence RI 02905.
Please remember to have the following documents available for the registration process:
- Student Age Verification Document: Birth Certificate, Passport, residency card or I-94
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Providence Residency: Providing One of the following Utility Bill, Paystub, Lease, Bank Statement-all dated within 60 days of registration
- Grades K-8: Last report card
- Grades 9-12: Official High School transcript
- Students with IEP’s, please also plan on providing a copy of the IEP
Learn more information about school profiles for Providence Public Schools:
Families can use the school finder tools within Enroll RI Family Information Tool to learn about schools across the district. The Family Information Tool helps families search for academic programs, compare schools and explore more within each school's profile.
During peak registration season, you will receive a response within 5-7 working days.
325 Ocean Street
Providence, Rhode Island 02905
Please do not mail student records to this address.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
*Last registration screened at 3:00 p.m.