Welcome to the Division of External Affairs (DEA)
Our mission is to support student achievement by providing alignment to our efforts in the below areas into a collaborative effort that strengthens the efficiencies of all district departments.
- Internal and external partnerships
- Family engagement
The DEA is responsible of the following:
- Overseeing the management of all partnerships with the Providence Public School District (PPSD) with the ultimate goal of improving student achievement by maximizing the opportunities and access to quality programs, activities and initiatives for PPSD students, teachers, and school leaders.
- Working to align all efforts to a positive supportive environment that supports students, families, and schools to a high level of expectations.
- Building successful, positive and respectful relationships between schools and families through shared responsibility, meaningful engagement, thoughtful decision-making, and effective communication in order to provide every student with a quality education that prepares him/her for college, career and life.
- Overseeing the recruitment and vetting of potential supporting partners/funding;
- Overseeing and approving the efforts for funding opportunities for the district’s initiatives including developing, writing, securing, and follow up on grants and applications;
- Overseeing and approving the development and implementation of materials to codify and communicate the district’s strategy and framework for change;
- Cultivating and managing relationships with local education leaders, state officials, elected leaders, community stakeholders, and external partners in concert with the COA and Superintendent;
- Managing flagship initiatives and major events for the district, superintendent and schools.