Volunteering in Providence Schools!
Providence Schools welcomes and encourages the valuable contributions made to through the volunteer assistance and engagement of family and community members. The support and involvement of Providence families and community members is vital to our students’ success. Increasing volunteer opportunities and other types of school-based engagement and clarifying the volunteer engagement process will encourage more individuals to become involved with the District. Click here to view the PPSD Volunteer Policy, PPSD Volunteer Policy (Spanish).
Three-step process to become a volunteer
Step 1: Orientation
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation session. Volunteer applications are available at the orientation sessions, at all school main offices and the district website, www.providenceschools.org (under “Parents”)
- Call the school or the Family and Community Engagement Office (FACE) for dates, times and locations
Step 2: Application
- Complete the application and obtain a state Bureau of Criminal Investigation check (also known as a BCI). You may personally request a BCI at the RI Attorney General’s Office, 4 Howard Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910
- Hours are from 8:30-4:00 Monday-Friday
- You must provide a valid picture ID and $5 (check, money order or credit card) made out to BCI. No cash accepted.
- For more information visit http://riag.ri.gov/BCI
Step 3: Submission
Return your volunteer application with a copy of your valid picture ID (front and back) and the original BCI. Submit all documents to the school or the FACE Office, 379 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903, first floor.
Apply to be a Volunteer
Download all the documents above and submit completed forms to the school you're applying to or the Family & Community Engagement Office to start volunteering.
For more information, contact:
Central Records & Volunteer Program
The Family & Community Engagement Office (FACE)
379 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 456-9239 | Fax: (401) 278-2878 | e-mail: email@example.com