Film created by Deft Film
Volunteering in Providence Schools!
Providence Schools welcomes and encourages the valuable contributions made by volunteers! The support and involvement of Providence families and community members is vital to our students’ success. Increasing volunteer opportunities and other types of school-based engagement and clarifying the volunteer engagement process will encourage more individuals to become involved with the District.
Two-step process to become a volunteer
Step 1: Application and BCI
- Volunteer applications are available at:
- Obtain a state Bureau of Criminal Investigation check (also known as a BCI) at the
- RI Attorney General’s Office,
- 4 Howard Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910
- Hours are from 8:30-4:00 Monday-Friday
- You must provide a valid picture ID and $5 payable by credit or debit card. No cash accepted.
- For more information, visit http://riag.ri.gov/BCI
- Submit your completed volunteer application with a copy of your valid picture ID (front and back) with the original BCI to the school or the FACE Office, 379 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903, first floor.
Step 2: Orientation
- VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED FOR FIRST TIME VOLUNTEERS
- A BCI & COPY OF PHOTO ID ARE REQUIRED ANNUALLY
- ANY CHANGES IN VOLUNTEER CONTACT INFORMATION SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE VOLUNTEER OFFICE BY COMPLETING A NEW VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM.
- VOLUNTEER RECRUITING / ORIENTATION CAN BE HOSTED IN SCHOOLS BY REQUEST WITH A MINIMUM OF 5 ATTENDEES. SCHOOLS MUST CONTACT CRO@PPSD.ORG OR CALL 401-456-9239
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT 401-456-9239
Volunteers may do either the self-led or in-person orientation session.
Self-led Volunteer Orientation
In-person orientations can be accommodated as needed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 401-456-9239.