Kindergarten Lottery Registration Begins February 20, 2023
Kindergarten Lottery Registration Deadline extended to June 15, 2023
How to register
- Online: Click “register here” to enter Skyward, the student registration and information portal. All requirements must be scanned and uploaded to the application. Registrations submitted without requirements will not be processed. A team member will follow up with a phone call to process the registration.
- By Phone: (401) 420-7780
- By Email: email@example.com
- In-Person: Bring completed registration packet to 325 Ocean St., Providence
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Physical Exam
- Lead Screening
- Parent Photo ID
- Proof of Address (dated within last 60 days)
Age for Enrollment
Every child who is five years of age on or before September 1st of each school year shall be eligible to attend kindergarten. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Translating Skyward, the student registration and information system, into another language:
- Use Chrome Browser
- Go to any page in Skyward and right-click using your mouse or touchpad. The option to translate will show up in the menu.
- If you don't see your chosen language as an option, you may need to click on the three stacked dots to the right to see language options.
- You will need to do this for every page you visit. Not working? Please visit this page for a video tutorial and further instructions.
Learn more information about school profiles for Providence Public Schools:
Families can use the school finder tools within Enroll RI Family Information Tool to learn about schools across the district. The Family Information Tool helps families search for academic programs, compare schools and explore more within each school's profile.