The Kindergarten Registration lottery took place June 1. However, kindergarten enrollment continues throughout the school year and we look forward to welcoming your child to Providence Public Schools.
Parents and Guardians have several options when enrolling their children into Providence Schools:
- Online pre-registration can be done by clicking here >. All requirements must be scanned in. A team member will follow up with a phone call or email to process the registration.
- Email registration can be done by emailing email@example.com. Copies of the requirements must be scanned and attached to the email, and the email must contain the name and DOB of the student, as well as contact information for the parent/guardian. A team member will follow up with a phone call or email to process the registration.
- In person registration can be done by coming to 325 Ocean St., Providence, RI. State COVID guidelines will be followed. We ask that only one person per family come into the building to obtain information and submit documentation. A team member will follow up with a phone call or email to process the registration.
- Phone call registration: Parents can call 401-456-9297 and provide their contact information for registration to the clerk, or they can leave a detailed message. A team member will follow up with a phone call or email to process the registration.
- Let’s Talk: Parents can provide their contact information via Let’s Talk and a team member will follow up with a phone call or email to process the registration.
- We have a drop box outside of our door where copies of documents can be dropped off at 325 Ocean St., Providence. Please ensure that the students' name and date of birth is on any information that is dropped off.
Requirements for registration:
- REGISTRATION FORMS: Can be printed from our website or picked up at the Registration Center.
- STUDENT’S PROOF OF AGE: ORIGINALS ONLY of Birth Certificate, Passport, Green Card or I-94 Card
- PHOTO ID OF PARENT/GUARDIAN
- IMMUNIZATIONS & PHYSICAL EXAM: The most recent immunization records and a physical examination within the last 12 months.
- **Note: Students that migrated to the US should provide immunization records from the time of birth including any currently administered vaccines that may have been required for entry into the US.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY IN PROVIDENCE IN THE PARENT/GUARDIAN’S NAME: (for example: Lease or rental agreement, a utility bill, a bank statement or a paystub dated within 60 days)
Important to note that although language testing for incoming kindergartners will not begin until April 11, 2022, that in no way affects the lottery process and school choice.
Learn more information about school profiles for Providence Public Schools:
Families can use the school finder tools within Enroll RI Family Information Tool to learn about schools across the district. The Family Information Tool helps families search for academic programs, compare schools and explore more within each school's profile.