Welcome to the Multilingual Learner Home Page!
- The vision of the Office of Multilingual Learners is to ensure that Multilingual Learners have meaningful access to rigorous instruction, materials, and academic choices within the Providence Public Schools. We will ensure equity for Multilingual Learners while maintaining their cultural and linguistic identity.
- Provide adequate English language services to all Multilingual Learners so that they can become proficient in English and access grade-level core content instruction;
- Properly identify and place Multilingual Learners when they enroll in the district’s 41 schools, and communicate with parents about program offerings and other essential information in a language they understand;
- Ensure appropriate services for Multilingual Learners with disabilities;
- Secure a sufficient number of teachers who are certified in English as a Second Language, and train the administrators and teachers who implement the English Learner programs; and
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of its English Learner programs over time.