WORKING PAPERS OFFICE
What do I need to attain a Student Work Permit in Rhode Island?
- Be at least between the ages of 14-17 years of age
- Have Intent to Employ Minor Form signed by Parent/Guardian & Employer
- When Intent to Employ Form is completed, it is to be presented and delivered by minor in person or sent via email.
- It will be processed & ready to be picked up the next business day.
- Have an acceptable proof of age i.e. (Birth Certificate, RI State Identification, RI License, Baptismal Certificate, Passport, (Please see additional acceptable proof of age listed on Intention to Employ Form)
- Have a job pending
Click here to download the Intent to Employ Minor form
This form must be completed and returned to the Working Papers Office.