Calling all Change Makers: Come Lead with us at Providence Public Schools!
When you transform a school, you transform students’ lives. Are you ready to make an immediate impact as a School Leader? Providence Public School District is welcoming visionary school leaders who believe that ALL students can succeed and who are committed to the work of school turnaround to apply to our Principal and Assistant Principal hiring pools today!
We are partnering with the RI Department of Education on an unprecedented turnaround effort to improve academic outcomes for all our students. We’re seeking individuals with the confidence, passion, and determination to lead a community of diverse learners and support the positive and collaborative learning cultures in our schools to join us in this effort.
WHY LEAD IN PROVIDENCE SCHOOLS?
As part of the district-wide turnaround initiatives, Providence Schools is committed to supporting and developing our school leaders. Starting in the 2022-23 school year, we are implementing a new career ladder compensation model that will include:
- More competitive salaries and compensation: While PPSD school leaders already have among the highest salaries among all Rhode Island school leaders, we are updating our compensation model using benchmarking and best practices in school leader compensation to ensure that it is competitive and better aligned with the goals of the District.
- Clear career pathways: PPSD is outlining pathways for career development, to include specialized roles, responsibilities, and duties that support professional advancement for all school leaders across their careers.
Additionally, Providence school leaders receive the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug insurance, life insurance, and retirement contributions.
- Teacher Next Door program eligibility – a National Home Buying Program granting up to $4170 toward the purchase of a home in Rhode Island.
- And more!
WHY CHOOSE PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND?
If you’re not a current local, the city of Providence itself is another great reason to consider applying! Providence is a great place to live and work. Why choose Providence?
- Small in size, big in options: In Providence, you get the small town experience of friendly people and accessibility along with the culture, amenities, and all the activities of a big city.
- Vibrant neighborhoods: The people who call Providence home represent a wide variety of cultures and ethnicities, making the city full of vibrant and diverse neighborhoods.
- Amazing food: Providence has a renowned restaurant scene, featuring great seafood. With a plethora of options to fit any palette and price range, you’ll never run out of options!
- Culturally rich: In addition to its historical significance, Providence is home to a thriving artistic and creative community, highlighted by the famous annual WaterFire event. You’ll also find world-class museums, shopping, and family-friendly events.
Want to learn more and plan a visit? Check out www.goprovidence.com.