Lauro Parent- Teacher Conferences
haga clic aquí para la letra en español/ Click here for the Spanish letter
Thursday, October 21, 2021
Teachers are scheduling conferences before school from 8:00 – 8:45 AM or after school starting at 4:00 PM.
Parent-Teacher conferences are a great way to understand your child’s strengths, explore their progress, build rapport with their teachers and connect with the school community.
How to Sign Up for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- You can sign up by logging into the Skyward portal at www.providenceschools.org/skyward.
- If you have not used the Skyward portal before, you should have received a login and temporary password from your school already. Feel free to reach out to your school for your login if you have misplaced it.
- If you have your login but have forgotten your password, email Skyward@ppsd.org to have your password reset.
- If you need to view Skyward in a language other than English, right click anywhere on the page you want translated and a menu will pop up with a translate option. Click on “Translate” to choose the language you wish to read. You will need to do this for every page you visit.
- Once logged into Skyward, click “Teacher Conferences” in the left-side menu.
- At the top of the page, you will see your child’s name in all caps. Click on that name to schedule conferences for that child’s teacher. (Families with multiple children will be able to schedule conferences for all their students using the drop-down menu.)
- You will see two options at the top of the page: “View Scheduled Times” and “All Conferences.” Click “All Conferences” to see available times for your child’s teachers.
- To choose a time, first click SELECT and then click SAVE. If your email is in the Skyward system, you will receive a confirmation email.
- To check to see if your email is in the system, click on “My Account” at the top and you will see a screen where you can enter or update your email and phone number.
- If you wish to cancel or reschedule a conference, click on “View Scheduled Times” and click “Unschedule.”
- All conferences will be conducted in person unless a family requests a remote option. To request a remote option, email the teacher directly.
To help you prepare for parent-teacher conferences, the Office of Family and Community Engagement will hold two online workshops in advance of the actual conferences: October 13 and October 14, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Find out more at www.providenceschools.org/conferences.