September 1, 2020
Dear New First Grade Parents in Room 17,
I would like to take this opportunity to say WELCOME to First Grade!!! I am looking forward to teaching your child and watching him/her grow and learn!!
For this school year, your child will need to have their own supplies to use. We will not be able to share supplies for safety reasons. Please label your child’s supplies with a permanent marker. Here are the items your child will need:
· A mask or two stored in a plastic bag to keep it sanitary
· Pencil case
· Sharpened pencils
· Pencil sharpener that has a cover on it for the shavings
· Crayons and/or markers (markers must say “Washable” on the box)
· Glue sticks
· A pair of child-size scissors
· A pair of headphones/ear buds
· School-issued Chromebook if you borrowed one last year
· A sturdy folder with two pockets (one side for Homework and one side for important notices)
The whole classroom is always in need of boxes of Kleenex, Clorox Wipes, soap for handwashing, hand sanitizer, Band-Aids, and sandwich-size and gallon-size Ziploc bags (for making each student their own Math, Literacy and Science kits).
I am looking forward to a wonderful year!!! See you on September 14, 2020!