Bailey's Educational Mission
Robert L. Bailey, IV Elementary School mission is to establish a community where parents, teachers, students, and community partnerships work collaboratively to create a safe and nurturing environment where all members are responsible and respectful. Through highly effective rigorous instruction and the integration of technology Robert L. Bailey, IV Elementary School’s goals are to meet all students’ social, emotional, and academic needs. We will prepare students with the necessary skills to be successful in middle school, enable to achieve their personal best and create a life-long love of learning.
Robert L. Bailey, IV Elementary School will be a model urban school where the achievement gap is narrowed and all students will achieve and/or exceed the standards.
School's Core Values
- Students will enjoy learning and will consider Bailey a place to feel comfortable, safe and have their needs met through differentiated instruction
- Students, teachers, and staff are respected and valued by all members of the Bailey community
- Teachers will instill the importance of college and career readiness
- Teachers will work collaboratively and employ best practices by growing as a Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- Families will be an engaged and an integral part for their child’s academic, social, and emotional success
- As a Full Service Community School, community partners are valued and collaboration is an integral part of the learning community.
Believe and Achieve
Bailey School Song lyrics by Cathleen J. Markovitz
(Melody We Will Rock You - Queen (movement--Stomp, stomp, Clap repeat throughout)
We are Bailey students and we will achieve
Anything we set our minds to and believe
dreams on the rise, we must realize
make the right choice and not compromise
Focus, Succeed…never give up… never give up Focus, Succeed…never give up… never give up
Education is the only way to save myself from the streets decay
Starting today I’ll learn a new way
Violence has no part of future array
Focus, Succeed…never give up… We’ve got the right stuff Focus, Succeed…never give up… We’ve got the right stuff