Types of Board Meetings
The Providence School Board typically meets four times a month:
- The first meeting of the month is the Policy Committee Meeting.
- The second meeting of the month is the School Board Business Meeting.
- The third meeting of the month is the Finance Committee Meeting.
- The fourth meeting of the month is the School Board Workshop Meeting.
- Meetings of the Health & Wellness Committee are held bi-monthly.
Meetings are held on Wednesdays, unless otherwise noted. Special meetings may be called, and are publicized a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Meeting dates and agendas are posted on the Providence School Board website here.
The School Board welcome comments from the public at its regularly scheduled Business and Workshop meetings, typically held on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month. Public comment sign-up forms are available 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Written comments may be submitted at or before the meeting. Individuals who require communication assistance (readers/interpreters/captioners), or any other accommodation to ensure equal participation, are asked to call 401-456-9100 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting.