Types of Board Meetings
The Providence School Board typically meets four times a month:
- The first meeting of the month is the Policy Committee Meeting.
- The second meeting of the month is the School Board Business Meeting.
- The third meeting of the month is the Finance Committee Meeting.
- The fourth meeting of the month is the School Board Workshop Meeting.
- Meetings of the Health & Wellness Committee are held bi-monthly.
Meetings are held on Wednesdays, unless otherwise noted. Special meetings may be called, and are publicized a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Meeting dates and agendas are posted on the Providence School Board website at http://pesb.ppsd.org.
The School Board welcome comments from the public at its regularly scheduled Business and Workshop meetings, typically held on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month. Public comment sign-up forms are available 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Written comments may be submitted at or before the meeting. Individuals who require communication assistance (readers/interpreters/captioners), or any other accommodation to ensure equal participation, are asked to call 401-456-9100 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting.