The Transformation Starts with You
TEACH IN PROVIDENCE
Calling All Change Makers: Come innovate with us at Providence Public Schools!
Providence Public School District is currently collaborating with the RI Department of Education on an unprecedented turnaround effort to improve academic outcomes for all our students. We are now accepting applications for the following positions:
- Secondary Science General and ESL
- Secondary Math General and ESL
- Secondary English General and ESL
- School Psychologists
Providence public school teachers receive:
- Compensation for advanced degrees, National Board certification, longevity and specialized certification areas.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug insurance, life insurance and retirement contributions.
- Robust support program for teachers new to Providence as well as intensive professional development opportunities.
Rhode Island teachers receive:
- Salaries ranked 9th in the nation.
- Teacher Next Door program eligibility – a National Home Buying Program granting up to $4170 toward the purchase of a home in Rhode Island.
Individuals electing to work in the field of education may be eligible for:
- Certification reciprocity.
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program.
- RI Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
- TEACH grant to support with emergency certification coursework.