S.I.T - School Improvement Team
[Click here] to view the district-wide factsheet
Providence Schools value and welcome parents, families and community members. We welcome you to join school staff to work on improving student achievement as well as increase parent participation by becoming involved in the School Improvement Team at your child’s school.
What is the Mission of the School Improvement Team?
To focus the school on student performance and a process of continuous school improvement that involves and informs all members of the school community in this work.
What are the Components of a School Improvement Plan?
• Comprehensive Needs Assessment
• Strategies and Action Plans
• Monitoring Plan
School Improvement Teams should include:
• The Principal
• Union Delegate
And a representative number of:
• Teacher Leaders
• Support Staff
• Business and/or Community Representatives
What is the Role of the School Improvement Team?
“Each school improvement team shall assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan and each school improvement team shall provide such assistance as the principal may request in preparing the annual budget and plan as required by law.” - The Rhode Island School Improvement Act of 2000
What are the Responsibilities of the School Improvement Team?
• Organize and manage a school-wide self-study process to identify important issues
• Create action plans (Providence One Plan or POP) to organize the improvement process
• Lead school-wide implementation of action plans
• Regularly collect academic and data information, and reflect on student progress
• Monitor and adjust action plans to better address student needs
• Evaluate and review the effectiveness of the action plans
• Report information to parents and central office
• Begin self-study process again
Please, contact your child's school if you have not received a flyer regarding SIT meeting dates, times and locations.